Saturday, November 05, 2005

It's v. irritating.

Last night, A & L were discussing irritating radio ads with Ondine and I and all three (who weren't me) decided that the Starhub ads were pretty irritating. I didn't have any idea what they were talking about until I heard it this morning. Needless to say, it was V. annoying.

"Description for all who either tune out to radio commercials or actually have better tunes in their CD changers or MP3s to listen to*

This (V. wishy washy) lady calls her v. patient friend v. many times to change venues where she will meet him. (V. inconsiderate if you ask me. Dump her, patient dude...) On her 4th call, the guy waxes lyrical on how he's really lucky that Starhub has per second billing for its calls and therefore, he's not v. irritated. (I swear, he goes on for a good 10 seconds or so...)

How v. blatent.

Sadly, that's the problem with radio commercials. They're either gems that crack you up (whereupon they play it ad nauseum until you get v. tired of it...) or they're downright bad (whereupon they play it ad nauseum until you want to stick a v. big pen in your eye to make the pain stop). Either way, there's simply no subtlety to radio ads.

V. sad.

I mean there's only so many times you can listen to a beng-ish guy incredulously yell out "Feet?" and then proceed to try to sell "Dolphins, manta rays and killer whales" before you want to reach through the radio and strangle the programming directors. (*BTW, one of the funniest ads on radio now...but they're killing it through endless replays...Funny thing is that I can't remember what it is that ad is selling...)

V. tragic.

O well, I shall end this post right here because I'm v. sleepy and I've got a v. early morning tomorrow. I'll try my v. best to consistently post.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tym said...

You are v. ranty :)

Sat Nov 05, 02:13:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home