Monday, December 06, 2004

Pain is temporary, Glory is forever.

'twas the sign that greeted me at the 9km mark of the 10km run that I ran today.
It's been about 14 hours and my hips (I never knew I had them), thighs and knees (o...the knees...) really are telling me different. The glory's faded and I'm in quite a bit of pain.
It was a great experience though and I am quite encouraged to do this again next year. :)

Motivations to keep me running:
1) Creative Muvo with hip hop tunes.
2) Woman with cellulite on thighs.*
3) Girl with light blue shorts with a cow head printed on one butt cheek and a "3" printed on the other.*
4) Cheerleaders with pom poms and short skirts.**
5) Creative Muvo with hip hop beats.

It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but by the time I hit the 6km mark, my knees reminded me that I was 28. It was reiterated by my right foot at the 8km mark and reinforced by everything waist down all day.
That said, I had an epiphany at 7km and realised the satisfaction of a good run. Will this continue on till next year...let's see.
Till then...OUCH.

* Motivated because I really couldn't let either one overtake me...the shame...
** It was funny...laughter really helped take the edge off the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home