Thursday, August 11, 2005

Weekend updates.

On a Thursday.

We just had a nice long break. Saturday and Sunday. Monday was a no-brainer and then Tuesday and Wednesday off. Now it's Thursday, the day of the week that shines brightly despite having 4 double periods because the weekend's almost here. (Along with the cathartic frag session on Fridays to work off weekday frustrations) I'm happy.

Watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory yesterday. Interesting movie actually. Some obvious allegory thrown in (MJ) along with a boy who plays violent video games and you have a children's classic updated for the new millenium. Also a movie that, by definition, was excessive and a child's absolute dream. Thank goodness I'm not that big a chocolate junky or I would've swooned.

Also caught Spanglish on DVD last night (finally) and wow...I haven't felt that emotionally drained from a movie for a while. (Good thing) The story was great. Loved the point of view. Fell in love with the characters (yes, even the irritating neurotic wife played to a T by Tea Leoni) and felt a twinge of loss as the movie faded to black. *wipes tear from eye*. It's a great show. Two thumbs way, way up for the leading lady. Definitely going on my DVD wishlist.

Yes, 'twas a good weekend despite the sinister nationalism behind it...but then, I did my patriotic duty by completely ignoring the festivities around me and enjoying my Singaporeaness by relaking in one corner. Happy times.

4 Comments:

Blogger Threez said...

Dude I was trying to read your blog but the squashy Darth Vader-like creature in the background distracted me so much I was scrolling up and down to try to see the whole thing.

WHAT IZZIT?!!

Thu Aug 11, 11:41:00 am 2005  
Blogger Terz said...

Venetian mask along with a satin hood methinks.

Thu Aug 11, 02:16:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Kay said...

Yay, you saw the MJ thing too.

Did you get chocolate scent to complete the whole experience? That was just wierd.

Thu Aug 11, 08:51:00 pm 2005  
Blogger Packrat said...

Kay: Uhm...no. No chocolate scent. Sad. :)

Threez: Nope. Not Vader. Not meant to be that distracting...more subtle. It's quite faded out.

Terz: You are correx. No prize though. :)

Thu Aug 11, 09:09:00 pm 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home