Thursday, July 29, 2004

Smash up.

So I wrecked the car today.
Ran into a cab and totalled the front of the car...thankfully there were no injuries, but I did manage to crumple the front of the car. I think the car was trying to kill us due to the fact that the brakes malfunctioned just for the 2 seconds it took to hit a non moving cab.
In an act of total brain malfunction I also managed to not get the cabby's details while surrendering my own to him...so now I'm at the mercy of the cabby...my mechanic told me that I should've gotten his details as did the rest of the world and all the time my brain's going "huh?" and following that, "Oh fuck".
Talk about spazzing out.
Anyway, I think that we're going to be out of about $3000 that we don't actually have to spare...and I'm the cause of the deficit.
Sucks to be me.
*igh.
On the bright side, my parents have been quite nice about it. No big lecture on how I should've been more careful (I should've) and the added nice gesture to fetch S and I to school tomorrow.
Sitting in their car on the way home from the mechanics (who took a look at the car and did a double take) I felt like I was 12 years old again and I wanted my parents to make everything better...because they were the adults. My dad's offered to speak to the cabby when he calls to settle everything...and that really made me feel a whole lot better (...not that I feel good or anything...I still feel like crap) and I realised that as long as they're around, I'll always feel like I have someone to run to when I need to, and I'll always know that they'll be there for me.
My mom went for an operation some time ago to remove a cyst...and I recall feeling a sense of panic as she was in the operating theater. I didn't know why then and I'm beginning to understand now, that despite my struggle to find my own two feet, I still depend so much on them.
Thanks mom and dad.
I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home