Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Grand Day Out.

Today was probably the first of the rare enjoyable holi-days. Went cycling with the mini police brigade in Ubin. Aside from the fact that the place brings back bad memories of sandfly bites and sleeping with an intrusive rock that was trying to get intimate with my spinal cord while I slept in a tent, going back to PU as a civillian was quite therapeutic. We took a couple of bikes out and rode around a bit. It was quite fun...
Well aside from the fact that there was a kid who didn't know how to ride a bike (or had learned and, amazingly, forgotten) and I had to take him tandem...Sadly, being a large boy, I had to haul him up a slope...and that almost killed me. Aside from that we were hitting a pretty brisk pace that, while being nice and peaceful, lacked the thrill of speeding down the road with the wind in my (sadly whitening) hair. All the while, the other 15 kids were zooming around the island on their multi-speed double-suspensioned monster bikes. Having had enough of it, I hijacked a kids bike and took it down a hill while racing some of the other kids...Last minute sound judgement and self preservation lost me the race when I decided to brake the bike instead of break my neck.
Day was spent marking in front of De Palmas Mission Impossible. Evening was spent with Al, Luce, Terz and Tym at a Jap restaurant in Miramar hotel...(Highly recommended) where we had our brush with local celeb Zoe Tay. (She was sitting at the next table...in my local celeb spazzness I just thought that the woman bore an uncanny resemblance to Zoe Tay.)
All in all, I'd say this was an incredibly enjoyable day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home