Saturday, April 08, 2006

Pain and Heartache...

...is when you spend almost 2 hours getting through an instance and lagging out just 2 enemies before you can get your hands on this. It was a long grind through Razorfen Downs with a nice group that knew what to do (tanks were tanking, druids were healing and I was just dishing out the pain) and we were, quite literally, 10 minutes to the end of the instance when I suddenly had a horrible sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach as I watched a character turn in place (just circling round and round) and I had no input whatsoever from any of my commands. That usually meant that my connection was completely and utterly @#$%ed and I would just stay there till I got disconnected from the server.

It felt like a kick to the groin...

...5 minutes of watching our druid pirouette in place and I got DCed...

Needless to say that the group forged ahead and killed the boss and did so just before I managed to connect again.

The connection lasted just long enough for me to see them celebrating over the corpse. It's times like this when I wonder why, despite our supposed technological supremecy, we are still stuck with ADSL that goes only up to 512kbps...

*sob*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home