Monday, November 21, 2005

Where do I begin...

...to tell a story of a firefly class ship (Class code 03-k64, midbulk transport with a standard radion accelerator core)?

Let's just put it this way. This had to be the first movie this year that drew me in so much so that I didn't even realise that I'd eaten 7/8s of my popcorn through the first 40 minutes. (Usually a tragedy for popcorn flicks but I really didn't care) The pacing was perfect. The characters, built up from their TV series personnas, were like old friends on the big screen. The effects were awe inspiring. The battle scenes, perfectly choreographed.

What was wrong with it?

It ended. And the ending left a pit in my stomach. It left me craving a second movie (and powers-that-be willing, a third) and possibly a TV series that would pick up where Serenity left off. (Which in turn picked up where Firefly left off...)

Meanwhile, I'm way too incoherent to finish off this post. More tomorrow perhaps. Maybe even a comparison between this and my previous trip to le cinema.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home