Monday, July 04, 2005

Post haste.

It's 1:06am.

3 things to blog about. In the words of the Black Eyed Peas, let's get it started.

1) Weird picture of the day. Found in the Guardian at Marina. It just caught my eye and I knew that it was blog-worthy.

Image001

Now, this may be tea that you share with the Aussie bloke after a game of footie while the shrimp's on the barbie eh? Either that or you just brewed your best friend for a couple of hours. First thought that I had while looking at it, though, was that it made you suddenly ridiculously attractive to the opposite sex. Pre/post coital beverage anyone?

2) Carl's Jr. We finally made our pilgrimmage there. I was a bit torn at that point in time. [Despite Tym's review of the burgers] I felt like I really wanted to just sit down and make my way through the menu or have a heart attack. Or both. (Since the former would inevitably lead to the latter) The chili burger especially looked wicked-good. Then again, Carl's Jr's not exactly cheap. Counterpoint to that was that it was impossible to eat the Super-star burger neatly, which has got to be one of the criteria for good burger. Droool.

3) Golden Village HATES movies.

Firstly, their popcorn sucks eggs. Stale and stingy. (Then again, the lack of popcorn just means you don't have to eat more of the crap that you buy...) Popcorn: Staple food for the movie-goer. Do NOT screw around with that. Their small buckets (if you can call them that...more like cups) are barely enough to sit through 1 hour of a movie.

Secondly. Sitting through the film company titles of War of the Worlds suddenly made me realise that the curtains were not opened to their fullest. Hello? It's a M-O-V-I-E. Movies are shot in widescreen. If we wanted the fullscreen version we would watch the damn thing on T-E-L-E-V-I-S-I-O-N! As a result, the entire film was barely watchable. The shots were all weird because they were cut off so the eye was thrown because the frames were not viewed in their entirety. WTF?! If I was running the theater and an employee failed to realise that the curtains were not drawn back properly, there'd be a firin'.

If you're not in touch with the customer and really are not doing the job that you're supposed to be doing properly, then really, what's the point?

Anyways, that's it for tonight. Gotta love the long weekends. It means that I have more time to...uhm...mark...
Dang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home