Sunday, May 09, 2004

Life and 7 years of wisdom.

I have visited and posted on Ms Jolene Tan Siyu (MS) Cambridge Britain's website. at 21, she's got a good rhetoric and an idealism in her that I haven't had for a while...And I keep thinking, was I that rhetorically sound 7 years ago? And I think the answer would have to be a resounding NO. But I think I was that ideal. I think that sense of idealism died about the time that I joined the teaching profession. It's been a real drag.
I think that the main problem isn't the teaching...as I keep telling Sprite, I enjoy going into the classroom and having fun with the lessons and trying to teach the kids something whilst trying to get to know them better. I always said that I would very much prefer to have a social job than an administrative one and what better job to do than the one I have?
Unfortunately, "the job" isn't exactly what I signed up for.
The Saint Margaret's principal died today from a stroke that she suffered on Thursday. ANoises sent a message to say "what is this all for?" I thought about it. The lady suffered a stroke doing "the job" and it killed her. From what I've read and seen on TV, she was a good lady...and it seems like the good ones are the ones that the system chews up and spits out.
*igh.
I don't think I've grown any wiser over the last 7 years. I have become a lot more jaded and I'm seeing the real world for what it is now...a really sucky place. The evil get rewarded whilst the good are crapped on...much like ANoises' poor prawns. I believe that there will be a time when evil will punished...but for the moment, the world is just going to throw yet another prawn on the barbie. Mr Ng Lee Huat, I salute you and your soft cover book. You should have used a phone book* away from prying eyes...To the Godsister that reported him: Asphincter says, "thenanchiauprincipalhitastudent". To the ministry that turned their back on him: I've really got nothing to say. Was it surprising? No.
"And that's all I have to say about that." (Gump, 1994)

*Leaves no mark...watch The Shield

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home