Saturday, January 31, 2004

The Breakfast Club

So I'm stuck in school with UYO duties. (Uniformed Youth Organisation) It's one of those things that sucks because I don't really have any idea what I'm supposed to do. I quit my own UYO 14 years ago to join the Art Club for goodness sakes.
So here I am sittting in a surprisingly therapeutic half empty staffroom. There is something to be said about being in your place of work when there's hardly anyone around. The whole space takes on a new aura. I mean, removing all the people (and thus pretensions and contexts) from a workplace automatically creates new interpretation of the space. (Creating a nonspace?) Makes it all the more peaceful, tranquail and very conducive space for work.
If all that hardly made any sense, if any, it's due to the fact that I'm listening to Avril and Michelle. While not quite blaring through my headphones, they're crooning lightly in the background...adds to the surreal nature of my surroundings. I love Windows Media Player.
When I said conducive space for work just now, I meant marking...that is, what I am supposed to be doing now. (In my deluded state of mind, I convinced myself that I was going to do some marking today...) Presently listening to Lisa Loeb's How and it is pretty amazing. She's singing faintly in a background and everyone's leaving, further emphasising my nonspace.
Beautiful.

Bored actually.

Anyone who has any queries on the title of this post should check the movie out. It's quite fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home