Monday, October 30, 2006

So many reasons to leave...Not too many to stay.

I was talking to Ondine the other night about life in Singapore and I came to this conclusion: It's all a house of cards. Singapore. The government that we all fear. The system. The people. It's all a house of cards. And sometime soon, the wind will blow...and it'll all come tumbling down.

I'm actually looking forward to that day. (Right now I have it pinpointed to a couple of days weeks* after a certain old man dies...) Those will be interesting times indeed.

I'm presently wondering how many fragments the presiding party will actually fragment into with the lack of a strong leader. I'm guessing about 3.

What brought about this political melancholy? Perhaps a little bout of elitism. This stuff tends to get me down.

*The bureaucratic machine will continue for a while before it inevitably breaks down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home